Help us advance God’s Kingdom through the life and ministries of Incarnation.
Incarnation is a member supported church, which means we count on you! Thank you for offering your financial support to sustain our mission and in thanksgiving for all that God has provided. Every gift counts in the life of the church and in the life of the giver. Watch the videos below to hear what parishioners have to say about the ways Incarnation has been there for them.
Let Your Light Shine, Incarnation!
The title of our 2022 Stewardship Campaign is based on this verse of Scripture: “Let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father in heaven.” (Matthew 5:16)
- Watch “The Golden Gift: Our First Fruits”— a stewardship skit!
- Read a letter from Stewardship Chair Susan Ridgeway and a letter from the Rev. Adrian Dannhauser.
- Watch a series of Sunday stewardship reflections: Lenore Ritter, Susan Ridgeway, Jedd Katrancha.
What is stewardship?
Financial stewardship is a necessary part of a balanced spiritual life. Like any spiritual discipline, it is meant to knit us more closely to God, to turn our hearts, to change our lives, indeed to transform our very selves. When we pledge a portion of our income to the church, we are making a conscious choice about spending our money in ways that reflect our faith and values. Pledging is a matter of saying, “Yes Lord, I will do this.” Then it becomes a matter of following through. “Yes Lord, I do make this offering.” As each of us gives, we reap the benefits of generosity and faith. To put it simply, we grow closer to God.
From a practical standpoint, pledges are necessary for the church to prepare a budget. A pledge is not a moral or legal obligation. It is simply an estimate of giving; a statement of intent about how much money you plan to give to Incarnation over a specific calendar year. Receiving your pledge allows our Vestry to plan wisely for the use of our resources in support of the work God has called us to do. While open plate offerings and other sources of income are important to the parish, your pledge lets the Vestry plan more accurately for the ministry we can accomplish together.
When considering how much to pledge, it may be helpful to think of the many reasons people give:
- I give because I am supposed to give. — a sense of duty
- I give to pay my own way. — a sense of fairness
- I give to return a portion of my blessings and express my love for God. — a sense of gratitude
- I give to keep church ministries free and available to all. — a sense of generosity
Taken together, these visions of stewardship create a spectrum. There is no secret as to how you move along this progression. However, when you push yourself to another level, you will find your faithfulness expanding as well. No matter how big or small your pledge, please know that every pledge makes a difference – in the life of the giver and in the life of the church.Make a Pledge for 2022
For 150 years, grateful members of Incarnation have remembered their parish in their wills. Because of these bequests, we have been able to maintain our landmark buildings and support our music and outreach programs. Legacies may be designated for specific uses, such as “Major Building Projects” or “Special Music Events.” If large enough, they can become permanent named funds within the church endowment.
The official name of the church for legacy purposes is “Rector, Churchwardens and Vestrymen of the Church of the Incarnation in New York City.”
If you have further questions about bequests, contact the Rev. Adrian Dannhauser. You may also pick up a copy of Incarnation’s “Planning for the Future” booklet in the Parish House.
You can use your credit card to make a financial offering to Incarnation. These gifts are included in the quarterly pledge statements generated and mailed by the church.Give Now
Here are a few of the benefits to online giving:
- It helps simplify life.
- It allows you to give consistently, even when you’re not in church.
- It allows you to focus on the service when you are in church.
- It’s a step of faith—deciding in advance to give faithfully toward the spread of God’s kingdom through the mission and ministries of Incarnation.
Stock and Mutual Funds
Donate shares of stock or mutual funds to fulfill your pledge or as a one-time gift. Appreciated stocks owned for more than one year can be donated to Incarnation and may be deducted for income tax purposes at full fair market value on the date of the transfer, with no significant capital gain tax liability. Contact the Rev. Adrian Dannhauser for more information.
Make your shopping dollars go further with AmazonSmile! You shop and AmazonSmile gives to Incarnation.
- Go to smile.amazon.com.
- Designate “Church of the Incarnation” in New York as the charity of your choice. (You only have to do this step once; your designation will be saved for future purchases).
- Purchase products at smile.amazon.com with the “Eligible for Amazon Smile donation” designation. 0.5% of all qualifying purchases will be donated to Incarnation!
The AmazonSmile Foundation is a 501(c)(3) private foundation created by Amazon to run the AmazonSmile Program. AmazonSmile (smile.amazon.com) is a website operated by Amazon that lets customers enjoy the same wide selection of products, low prices and convenient shopping features as on Amazon.com, with the added bonus of earning proceeds for charity. AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price of eligible AmazonSmile purchases to the charity selected by its customers.
Thank you for supporting Incarnation!